Wednesday, November 7, 2007

John 1

Read: John 1

My Verse: John 1:10 - He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

My Reflections: As I started through this book last night, this verse just grabbed me. I want to be a person who recognizes Him. I want to be a leader who helps others to recognize Him. The thought that Christ could be in anyone's presence and not be noted, frankly, scares me. Am I too caught up in the world to realize the presence of my savior? It's funny that on a day that this is on my mind, I got a book in my Relevant pack, called Glory Revealed: How the Invisible God Makes Himself Known. God is here, are we even aware of his presence? We have such an amazing God who would reveal himself to us, so we can know Him, yet the majority of the time, we don't even give him the time of day.

My Prayer: God, open my eyes to your presence. Thank you for being a God who would come down to Earth for me. Help me to listen for you, and to not be so caught up in what is going on in the world, as to miss what you have to say to me. I want to know you, I want to see you, I want to hear you. Allow me to recognize you in the world. I love you.

No comments: