Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Couple of Bible Resources

Thought I'd share the two on-line Bible resources I use, so that some of you who haven't seen them yet could check out another way to access the Word.

Bible Gateway
- is really comprehensive with lots of different translations, and some good commentaries. This was the only on-line Bible that I used for a long time. I still like it for the many translations, and simplicity, but Youversion is catching up fast.

YouVersion - is a new tool from the guys at Lifechurch.tv, it is a web 2.0 version of the Bible, people can post videos, thoughts, and other things that relate to different passages, and you can check them out to see if they help you. You have your own journal and ability really personalize it. I haven't used it a ton yet, due to my comfort with Bible Gateway, but it really looks cool, and when I have a little time to dig in, I think I'll really like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up on YouVersion. I use Bible Gateway regularly and, as you say, it's simple but comprehensive and kinda intuitive. I'll check out YouVersion. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I am a big fan of what the guys over at eBible.com are doing. Youversion seems to be copying some of the stuff they started a couple years ago (and it is neat but not real usable yet). Biblegateway though was my favorite for years too. Nice and simple.