Tuesday, November 13, 2007

John 6

Read: John 6

My Verse: John 6:11 - Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

My Reflections: We all know the story of the feeding of the 5000. The people had five loaves of bread and two small fish, yet through Jesus, there was more than enough. I can't do it with what I have, you can't do it with what you have, but if we trust in Jesus, His grace is more than sufficient. We need to quit counting on ourselves, and just let God feed us. I've noticed myself a lot recently, trusting in only myself. Guess what, that is when I get myself into trouble. Yeah, I need to use what God gives me, but I need to understand that whatever I do will be thanks to Him.

My Prayer: Father, thank you for feeding us, if we will just accept it. Help me to realize that You are more than enough. You are everything I need. Amen.

No comments: