Monday, November 12, 2007

John 4

Read: John 4

My Verse: John 4:50 - Jesus replied, "You may go. Your son will live."
The man took Jesus at his word and departed. (BTW, if you're not reading along with me, his son did live)

My Reflections: The man took Jesus at his word... With all of the distrust we have in our culture, how difficult is that? As believers, we know that the Bible is true, and we can trust God's word, but for many of us, that is a hard pill to swallow. According to the Bible, God sent His son to save us as a free gift, but how many of us are trusting in his word? This is a really tough thing for a lot of us, because we've been burned in the past, or faith is just something that we struggle with. I am going to try harder to accept God's great gift to me, and be thankful for that.

My Prayer: Lord help me to trust in you. Help my faith to develop, and to take you at your word. I thank you for all that you have done for me, and loving me. Help me to just accept it, and love you back. For my friends, I pray that they grow in their relationship with you, to the point of completely trusting in your word. Give them a faith that goes beyond what we have learned through our culture. You are an awesome God, and one who we can fully trust in. AMEN

No comments: