Thursday, November 29, 2007

Can we "have Christmas"?

Christmastime. This year, it's taking on a whole new look around the Madison house. I've been somewhat of a scrooge the last several years. We didn't decorate the the outside of the house at all, because we weren't around enough to enjoy it, and we only have one outlet on the outside of our home. Having little kids changes my outlook a little though. The last several days, Hannah has been pointing out all of the houses recently who "have Christmas" (lights that is), and last night she asked Kim if we could "have Christmas". Needless to say, my plans have changed for this weekend. Instead of what I had planned, we are going to be putting up lights as a family. We are going to "have Christmas". I'm giving up something else I had planned for this, and you know what? It's going to be great. I get to spend time with my little girl. I get no greater joy than when I'm spending time with my kids, doing something they love.

I kind of have this feeling that God, as our dad, wants to be spending time with us, doing what we love. Are you spending time with Him while your enjoying life? He has given us the opportunity to do whatever that thing is that we look forward to (for my family it's camping). Since he gave us that opportunity, don't you think that we should spend that time with Him? It's a great way for us to build our relationship with our Father in Heaven. Take some time with Him this Christmas season, as you get to do the things you love.

No comments: