Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thank you, Craig Groeschel and lifechurch.tv

I met the pastor of lifechurch.tv this summer at the Buzz Conference, and it blew me away that this guy with so much on his plate spent time between sessions out in the lobby talking to and encouraging all of the conference attendees. He's sending out free copies of his new book to people who will blog about it after they read it. Needless to say, I jumped all over that. If you haven't read Chazown or Confessions of a Pastor, I highly suggest them. If you're in GI, I've even got copies of each to loan you.

Over the last couple of days, I was re-listening to his sessions from Buzz which he presented again at Catalyst last week. A lot of the things he said that stuck with me, apparently were sticking with a lot of people at Catalyst, too. Here's a couple of quotes:
"I'm a practical atheist - I believe that God exists, but live as if He does not."(how about you?)
"If you take credit for the decline, you will take credit for the success." (it's not all about us)

While I'm home with Hannah today, I'll be downloading a series from lifechurch.tv OPEN, to use in one of our high school small groups. Lifechurch.tv gives away all of their great stuff, FOR FREE.

Finally, lifechurch.tv recently released the beta version of youversion, an interactive way to study the Bible (you should really check it out).

Thanks guys, for all you do for the Church.

No comments: