Thursday, October 11, 2007

I have Glossophobia

Fear of Public Speaking. I've gotten better, since I don't really have a choice, being a teacher and youth leader, but I am still nervous all the time about it. Jeff had a post today that really helped me. I think I'll refer to it every time I have to give a message at youth now. Here's a portion of the post, click the link to see the whole thing. If you're a regular blog reader, you might want to add this guy to your list.

“For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people.”–1 Thess. 2:4

If you have the opportunity to speak here are a few things to remember.

  • It’s not your message.
  • You’re the messenger.
  • If God has called you to this than speak with confidence.
  • God has entrusted you.
  • Your message should be “Good News.”
  • Please God.
  • Not People.
  • At the end of the day you should be more concerned that God is happy than your church is happy.
It's not about me.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

"It's not about me."

.. Amen!!!


Is Hannah's fever doing better??
I'm praying for her!!

--Lucy