Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm Home

We just got home from a great week of camping in South Dakota, at Lewis & Clark Reservoir. We've been all over the place this summer, and had a ton of fun doing everything, but I've always come home more exhausted than when I left. This wasn't like the rest of the trips, the only purpose of the week was to relax. And relax I did. We spent a few hours down at the lake each day, and the rest of the time just did whatever we felt like. Another great thing about our trip was getting to spend the week camping with several of our good friends. I'll share more about the trip in some other posts, but I just wanted to share one quick thing. After our great relaxing week, we blew a tire (I mean totally shredded, scratched up the side of the camper and left pieces all over the highway) on our camper on the way home. My blood pressure shot through the roof for about a second. Fortunately, we got it changed quickly, and were back on the road in under a half hour. However, it set us back just enough that when we got home it was pitch black, and pouring rain at our house. I spent a few minutes trying to get backed in to the driveway, but eventually just gave up and pulled around to park in the alley for the night.

A year ago, I would have let last night ruin the entire trip for me. I don't know why really, but it didn't really get to me this time. It feels great to know that I've grown in that area of my life. I just wanted to share that.

Watch for some more updates about what we did while in SD.

No comments: