Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Started working out again today

I played basketball everyday for the last couple weeks at camp, and felt pretty embarrassed at how poor of shape I'm in. Then, today I got an email that teachers get a super discount at HealthPlex through the summer. I thought those might be some signs that it was time to start working out again. Those of you that haven't known me all that long might find it hard to believe that I used to be in pretty good shape at one point in my life. Anyways, I hit HealthPlex today for about an hour for some light cardio, and some pretty light lifting, just to start getting into the swing of things again. I thought I was going to die after about 10 minutes on the treadmill. It felt good to get back into the swing of things, but I'm hurting now.

A quick spiritual lesson from this: Even if you had a great relationship w/Christ at one point, it doesn't mean you do now. Maybe it is time to make some lifestyle changes, to start fixing that, and getting back to that tight relationship. Some of those changes might be difficult too, but we need to understand that they will lead to something much better.

No comments: