Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Man Day

I read a blog post yesterday that had a little bit of what this blogger's church does for Father's Day. I had never really thought about it, but we don't really do much for Father's Day, yet we usually do some nice things to honor the moms in our church on Mother's Day. Now, I think it is awesome that we honor the mothers, and at least at my house that is who deserves the recognition (I love you Kim). However, us guys want a party too. This post was short, and for the life of me I can't figure out who posted it, but it set the gears in motion in my brain. Here's the thoughts I had so far for Man Day mostly stolen from this blogger (if anybody knows who it is, I'd love to give them credit) and a few of my own: Grilled burgers and brauts for everyone leaving after the service along with a pick up bed filled w/pop and ice for everyone. Pastor preaching in shorts and his grass stained mowing shoes. There's more, but I have to get to preparing for youth. If you've got any crazy ideas feel free to throw'em out here.

No comments: