Thursday, November 15, 2007

John 7


Read: John 7
My Verse: John 7:50-52 - 50 Nicodemus, who had gone to Jesus earlier and who was one of their own number, asked, 51 "Does our law condemn anyone without first hearing him to find out what he is doing?" 52 They replied, "Are you from Galilee, too? Look into it, and you will find that a prophet[e] does not come out of Galilee."
My Reflections: You will be persecuted by some of your old friends for standing up for Christ. I see this as them kind of throwing it back at him, treating him like a fool. (remember, I'm no Bible scholar) It must have taken courage to stand up, even in that little way.
My Prayer: Father, give me courage to stand up for your name. I love you, and I know that you are God, but sometimes, I'm not courageous enough to stand up. Lord, give me courage. Amen

No comments: