Saturday, November 10, 2007

John 3

Read: John 3

My Verse: John 3:30 - He must become greater; I must become less.

My Reflections: How many of us really live like that? This is a tough one in our "all about me" world. Even in ministry, we need to be careful that we are not trying to build a ministry for our own glory. It feels good to be successful, but why does it feel good? Because God is using us, or because we are getting recognition.

My Prayer: Lord, help me to get over myself, and to understand all I have and all I am is because of you. Help me to continue to strive for success, not for my glory, but for yours. I want to be great for you. I pray that as I live my life, people begin to see more of you, and less of me.

1 comment:

Randal Kay said...

Good thoughts, but I also wonder why we want to be "great for God?"

Would I be willing to be "nothing" for Him? There's the real question that haunts me.

Shalom! And blessings on your ministry to the youth of our culture