Sunday, August 26, 2007

Summerfest - Check out the pics

I should have posted these yesterday, but I pretty much slept every minute I was at home. Saturday really wiped me out, but it was completely worth all of the energy. Many times over the past 3 months, Kim and I felt like pulling the plug on Summerfest, but every time we came close, we just felt like there was no way we could do that. After seeing the results of Saturday, I see why we couldn't. There were over 200 people there with very little advertising w/in the church. There were multiple people who came due to personal invitations, others who came because of an invitation that some of our youth took around the neighborhood, still others came because they heard the ad on the radio. For all I knew, only the 30 or so people involved with the event were coming. Oh, me of little faith. I saw all kinds of people coming out to help, young and old, new to the church and church vets. It was a great event for reaching out, and a great event for building within. I am so proud to be a part of the group who pulled this whole thing off. If you were a part in any way, thanks. It was awesome to see what our church family could do. I can't wait for next year to do it bigger and better, and really reach out to our community. Check out the pics below.







No comments: