Thursday, August 16, 2007

Beat, but Excited

I'm sitting here, watching some pre-season NFL, it's a little after nine, and I could fall asleep right now. This first week of school has kicked my butt. I've worked 48 hours already this week at the school, with another day to go still, plus the hours of youth group. You know what though, I'm excited.

It's hard not to get at least a little excited at the beginning of the school year, with all of the new faces, and change going on.

Here's some of the cool things we have going on w/Northridge and Real Youth:
-This Saturday, we're spreading out through our neighborhood to hand out invitations to Summerfest.
-Sunday, some great people in our church are hosting all of the youth and leaders for a day at their lake, all because that is just the type of people they are.
-Next Saturday, Northridge is hosting the first annual Summerfest, we'll have food, inflatables, paintball, contests, and close it out with an outdoor concert. The best news is, it's all FREE. If you're around Grand Island, bring all your friends by from 4:00-8:00 on Saturday the 25th.

On top of all of that, we started work on finishing our basement last weekend. I hope to have it done before Thanksgiving. It shouldn't be too much work, but I don't have a lot of free time to get to it. I'll try to post pics to share my progress as I go.

No comments: