Monday, June 4, 2007

It's not about me

The time has come for summer camps. I'm sitting here in my room at JV camp, already exhausted, and we just got here like six hours ago. Growing up, I never went to camp, so this place doesn't really do much for me. I don't have any history that makes it special to me. In fact, I would just as soon stay home, if it was about me. But it's not about me, it's about our kids, and our kids love this place. I've seen lives changed here, friendships made, lives given to God, and so much more. All of these things are why I come to camp. I enjoy seeing some old friends, and networking with other youth pastors, but I could do that other times, I'm not here for me, I'm here for them. Well, I'm off to see some more lives changed, so posts this next couple of weeks may be few and far between, but I'll be back with a vengeance by the middle of the month, getting pumped up for the Buzz Conference, and a trip to DC.

No comments: