Saturday, June 30, 2007

First Coffee, Then Church

Here are some pictures of where we went to church tonight. Ebenezer's Coffeehouse is on of the multiple locations for National Community Church (the church that hosted Buzz). NCC bought this place when it was old and run down, and they turned it into the #2 coffeehouse in the DC area (I don't know where that came from, but Mark Batterson shared it on his blog). The cool thing about this is that it is a coffeehouse that happens to have a church that meets in the basement, not a church that has a coffeehouse in it. We've been there probably four times so far, and every time it was hoppin'. Plus, they have the best coffee I've ever had. They do the coffeehouse with excellence, which gives them relevance in the community. If I ever get a chance to design a place for Real Youth, I'm copying their basement. I made sure to take a bunch of pics so I could steal the ideas.


No comments: