Thursday, May 3, 2007

Refreshed

I have been running pretty much on empty for the last couple weeks. I'm not completely sure why, but I haven't really felt enthused about anything going on. Occasionally, I go through these phases where I feel completely lost in youth ministry, and it just gets me down. Last night, I was really not looking forward to our youth service. I would have rather sat at home and relaxed, but since that wasn't an option, I went anyway. Every time I get like this, God just gives me a whack to wake me up. It's ok if I don't know what I'm doing, as long as I allow Him to use me. Last night, we switched things up a little bit, and I led a group filled completely non-church kids. It is so much fun to lead those kids who are there completely on their own. That is not even the best part. Get this. At one point, our conversation led to me asking the question "How many of you, before starting to attend Real Youth, would not have considered yourself Christians?". The response was 6 of the 7 students' hands going up. Which led me to the next question, which went something like this. "Who of you has accepted Christ as your savior, and know that because of Him, you are saved?" Every single one of them had given their lives to Christ. This led into deeper discussion on that path, and every one of them felt strong in their faith.

Let me tell you, I don't know how anyone could have left the conversation I had with those young people feeling depressed. God used Real Youth to reach all of those kids. He used a bunch of us who don't know what we are doing, but love Him and love youth. I had no idea that we were actually impacting their lives to that extent. I'm feeling pretty darn good right now. God used me. There is no greater honor.

No comments: